Hardworking, highly motivated and ambitious final year computer science student at Aberystwyth University (on track for a2:1), previously employed at TC Aerospace Systems. I’m always looking for new opportunities to learn new skills and technologies that interest me.
Software Engineer Intern, UTC Aerospace Systems
(July 2016 – August 2017 )
- Designed and developed client-side reusable components using the Emberjs Framework with appropriate unit testing.
- Worked as part of a Scrum team and as a sole developer.
- Solely maintained and developed an R&D software project for 3 months, this involved meeting with relevant stakeholders and translating their feature request into work items ready for the next sprint. As a result, I planned my own sprints and confirmed them with the product owner.
- Wrote automated product tests and integrated them with Atlassian Bamboo and Jenkins continuous integration servers.
- Containerised legacy and existing software projects ready for cloud deployments using Docker.
- Developed a tiled image viewer using WebGL with the three.js Library.
- Created REST microservices using Java Spring Boot framework and Nodejs
- Taken part in various STEM activities with local schools including teaching programming to high school children.
- Used Ansible container to automate the process of building, configuring and deploying containerised software.
My Major Project is called YOPO it’s built on top of the YOLO network (https://dx.doi.org/10.1109/CVPR.2017.690) that is currently used to classify objects in images or videos feeds in real time. YOPO changes the network so that the network can estimate human poses in 2D images or video feeds. GitHub – https://github.com/rij12/YOPO
Crew Member, McDonald’s
• Responsible for taking and handling cash and processing orders through different mediums.
• Communicating with a wide range of people from all different backgrounds.
• Working collaboratively as a team member to provide outstanding customer service.
• Operating workstations and ensuring tasks are completed to deadline and in complete
synchronisation; working efficiently under pressure.
Aberystwyth University 2:1 BSc (Honours) Computer Science